Monday, May 3, 2010

Gearing up...

The treatment this week is the one I've been dreading because of the avoidance. NO METAL/minerals for 25 hours. So, I'm doing whatever I can think of to do to make this period as easy as possible. Still, this is the one I've considered the toughest.

The past year or so I've become rather lazy and it shows. At one time I was consistent to hop on (OK, well---gingerly stepped on) the glider for 30 minutes EVERY morning whether I felt like it or not. I'm am not happy with the ensuing consequences (rolls on my middle section) from the lack of exercise. Thought this past week as been busy and I've been tired, I've done a little better. Hopefully this will serve me well as I go into swimsuit and lighter clothing season. And, I will feel stronger.

I did some research this past weekend and discovered that I will need to work until I stop breathing if I am going to maintain an adequate income. There is no way I'm going to be able to do that unless I do what I can to maintain optimum health.


As the grain treatment gets closer (Two weeks, but who's counting?) I wonder how I will handle it. Should I wait a week and make sure I've cleared the treatment before I try to eat gluten, or go for it like Kelly did? What and how much will give me a read on the success, but not make me sick if it's not successful? Things to pray about, and things to discuss with Pamala.

I think about this and I talk about it, but to be honest, it's not really real to me that there is the slightest possibility the gluten problem will be resolved. I think the best thing to do is to take this NAET journey, as I do my faith walk--one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment