Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Give me an "A"

Very strong clear for iron-no pun intended.

Treatment for Vitamin "A" today. Dinner: Fried potatoes with onions and grilled chicken. Strawberries and whipped cream. Not too bad. I will have a challenge tomorrow when I go to a Health Fair and have to figure out how to eat lunch and avoid food with Vit "A." I have to do some more research and see what I can haul with me.

Next week is the mineral treatment. I'm preparing as best I can. I changed my treatment day to Thursday and will not go to the office on Friday. Not much of a day off. Then salt, then Grain.

I learned today that Vitamin "A" is more important than just for good vision and eye health. People who have a lot of trouble with heart burn and acid reflux usually are allergic to some degree to vitamin "A," so they are not assimilating it. The body needs it for the mucosa (?) lining from the mouth all the way through the body. Without adequate Vit "A" the lining erodes. This is what causes the trouble and why it is generally a problem for older folks. The problem is compounded when the sufferer takes antacids which reduces the amount of stomach acid which our bodies need to thoroughly digest the food we eat.
Probably more than you want to know about the digestive tract, but it's important if we're to be healthy.

I haven't discussed antacids a lot in this blog. I used to need them several times a day. My stomach hurt a LOT and I had lots of heartburn, etc. I honestly cannot remember when I last needed an antacid. It's not that I've decided not to use them; I REALLY don't have that trouble anymore. Woo-Hoo!

I am continuing to sleep well and wake rested. Getting up in the morning even when I've had a few rough days, has never been this easy for me. I'd prefer to sleep in, but if I can't it's not painful because I am literally sleep-deprived.

This journey has already turned into a miracle for me. It's like thinking that you dreamed about winning the lottery and then finding out you were not dreaming after all. I began thinking this would help with the gluten issue, but it's been so much more. Lots of unexpected benefits. At 62 I feel better than 10 years ago. What a surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment