Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Sugar! Sugar! Honey! Honey!

I had a treatment today. I was prepared for iron, but did not fully clear sugar.

The test I had at the first session indicates maple sugar is a problem to me. I don't know if that has anything to do with not clearing. Pamala thinks this might be the case.

As I mentioned in one of my earlier entries over the past week, I have felt VERY tired this week, and for the first time since I began treatments, had several nights when I didn't sleep well. I shared this with Pamala at the beginning of my session today. She said she knew the reason, but would not talk to me about it until after the initial test to check for clearance. Based on her experience and training, she was not surprised I didn't clear with a wide margin.

Muscle testing is done to determine whether the patient "clears" or does not "clear." I cleared about 80%. Not good enough for me, so I elected to redo sugar.

The reasons are:

1. I want to eliminate "sweets" being a problem for me. I eat way too much junk, and like most people I find myself eating something sweet without being totally intentional about it. If it's there and gluten free (a prerequisite at this point)it goes in my mouth. I am concerned that if this treatment is successful and I can once more eat regular food, I will pack on the pounds. I began the serious comfort food habit after I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in June 2007. (WOW! Has it been that long?) On the other hand it seems like a life time. YOU try passing up every loaf of fresh baked bread, glazed donut, sandwich, croissant. It's like I knew and loved them all in another lifetime or a dream, and I want to go there again.

2. I want my system to be at peak performance when I am treated for grains (now scheduled for May 19).

I'm disappointed to think of adding another week, but it's better to be realistic.

I am hoping I will have a better week: I will have a better response and the fatigue and trouble settling down to sleep will be resolved.

Check back for an update in the next day or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment