Thursday, April 22, 2010

Speeding past sugar and onto iron...

My treatment was today. Cleared sugar and treated for iron. The worst part of the 25 avoidance is NO coffee or tea of any kind. ARGH!!!!

Other than that this is a no brainer.

I continued to have food issues at the conference. It seems I spent a fortune on food just to try and find something I could eat. The dinner last night was bad. I told the server "gluten free" and she plunked down a plate with a big hunk of tofu which I loathe. I asked her if there was something else, and pointed out that the beef with potatoes and veggies was fine. All safe foods for me. Thirty minutes later I got a veggie and rice plate. The rice was...well..rice. The veggies were closer to raw. For dessert I was served a slice of fruit tart. Duh! It would appear my suspicions that no one had a clue what gluten is proved true.

These past four days have set me to seriously thinking about the possibility that this treatment won't prove successful to eliminate my gluten intolerance. People ARE different. The realization hit me that if this isn't successful, there are no other options. I will spend the rest of my life dealing with the frustration I've experienced these past few days. A total downer.

The good thing is I know God IS in control and that I can trust Him with every aspect of my life. This includes celiac disease.

Of course the whole thing won't be a total bust because I've felt so much better, been sleeping so much better and the restless legs issue has improved.

I'm praying and praying because I do not want to be angry or feel cheated if I don't get everything I want. Life isn't about getting everything I want. It's about getting everything God has for me. And, that's truly all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment