Monday, April 26, 2010

Who'd have thought???

The 25 hours of avoidance with the iron treatment was tougher than I thought. By Friday afternoon I had a monumental headache from no caffeine and felt totally done in. I couldn't make up which I wanted more-a gallon of coffee or to just go to bed and get some sleep. I did both in the above order. Amazing huh? I had several cups of coffee and in fact drank more coffee than usual, yet I continue to sleep well and wake rested. Restless legs syndrome is not completely gone, but when it begins to come on a few minutes of strenuous leg stretching, exercise and/or the massager works wonders.

To not: when I was away at the conference last week I had very minor problems with RLS. I didn't have the massager with me, so whatever trouble I had I was easily able to remedy with stretching and exercise. Those who suffer from RLS KNOW that although we all try everything because we are desperate for it to "just stop," nothing really seems to work. Not on a regular basis. Just as soon as you think you've found a remedy and begin to get some relief, it comes on again full force.

My experience the past couple of months is completely different. I am consistently not bothered by sleeplessness and RLS. It is now the exception rather than the rule.
One minor problem. I used to have lots of time at night to read because I'd be up half the night. Now, because I go to sleep so much more easily, sleep has cut in on my reading time. No worries. I'll take the exchange any time.

Next treatment is Vitamin A this Wednesday. Then Minerals (A hard one) the next week. I will take the day off work for the 25 hour avoidance period since virtually everything in my office is metal. The week after that is salt and then grain. That is providing I clear all others on schedule. Pamala is making sure I have a strong clear on everything leading up to the grain treatment in order to insure my system is at optimum performance to take on the biggie.

I am praying and practicing patience. And, I am aware--very aware--that this treatment will not be as successful as I'd like when it comes to gluten. I am praying about that so that if that's what happens, and I am still not able to eat a normal diet, I'll be OK with the health gifts God has already given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment