Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Woo-Hoo! That's modern language for Praise the Lord!

I cleared calcium today. On to Vitamin C which is pretty restrictive. NO fruits, veggies, etc. Stay as far away from plants, grass, nature-type stuff as possible for another 23 hours. Dinner was orange roughy and a plain baked potato. Hey, it beats fasting-right? I'm already thinking about what I can have for a snack. I have always been a grazer. This is to my benefit because I've always preferred lots of small bites a day rather than 3 large meals.

I met Kelly today. She brought her daughter in for a treatment. Kelly is sold enough on NAET that she is having her daughter treated now for food cravings. Because the avoidance period is much more difficult for a child, Kelly and her husband are willing to pay $150 per laser treatment for their daughter. The regular treatments that require the 25 hour avoidance of the substance are $50 each. No one pays that kind of money unless convinced NAET works.

I got the full story from Kelly. The question I have been most wanting to ask is, "What did you eat that first meal after the 25 hour period when treated for grains?" I've thought so often what I'd want most, so naturally wanted to partake vicariously. She had fish and chips, beer (total barley and absolutely prohibited on a gluten free diet) and cheesecake for dessert. Thanks for my sweet niece, Jes (the wonder baker) I've had fabulous cheesecake since being diagnosed. So, that's not a biggie to me. Neither is beer. But honest to goodness fish with tempura batter?? You betcha!

Kelly researched and figured it out on her own--about the Celiac/gluten intolerance. She went gluten free immediately and felt so much better she couldn't think about eating gluten again. Even for the biopsy. Don't blame her. I've had three of those things, and if I never see another hospital gown--open in the back, of course- I'll be happy. It's not just the actual procedure. It's the DAYS of preparation before, the general anesthesia and then the days it takes to feel normal again.

I am more encouraged than ever.

I had a conversation with someone today who knows me well. She told me it is obvious I am feeling not just better, but happier with WAY more energy. Even after nights like last night when I don't sleep so well, I still wake happy and ready to take on the day. That is just not my usual M.O.. Not that I'm depressed; just never feel like I have the energy to take on what I need to do. I'm finding myself with more free time to relax because I get so much done. I'm not constantly wondering if "is it too soon to go to bed?".

I'll be back after a day or so unless I have something extraordinary to report.

Cherrio! (I can't eat them yet, but who knows? Maybe soon?

No comments:

Post a Comment