Monday, March 15, 2010

Status quo schmo

Since my last treatment in Wednesday, the week has gotten crazy. Lots of bad news and a second weekend in a row that I needed to work. It's great work, but at this age, the spirit IS more willing than the body. I'm planning to take that comp time the end of the month. And, I'm looking forward to playing with my granddaughter and having some totally down time.

Because of a tough week it's really difficult to determine my true physical, emotional, mental status. My perception is that although the stress has been great, I have been in responding mode as opposed to reacting to whatever comes down the pike.

I do know I have continued to sleep well. This in itself is a GREAT gift. I simply cannot explain how good it feels to look forward to bedtime and to know I might actually sleep. Only those who have experienced insomnia and restless legs syndrome would identify. Folks like some who can sleep standing up will have to take my word for it.

I have emailed and called Kelly to whom I would very much like to speak with about her experience. So far no response although she did give Kim permission for me to contact her. Oh well--people do change their minds.

This Wed is my third treatment and it is scheduled to be calcium. Again, the preparation is a hassle, but I've realized to make this easier I will be smart to think ahead. So this week I will not plan to eat chicken, eggs, etc just in case I don't pass the previous treatment.

It's a good thing I realized long ago that everything takes time. There are no shortcuts. I'd love to think in another month or so I'd be able to eat a croissant with no ill effects. However, I'm prepared to be on this journey for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment