Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I PASSED!!!!

Good, strong pass for eggs, chicken, feathers~On to calcium today with, as you can imagine is more restrictive. As an example--I can't give Sadie a dog biscuit (cookie to her). NOTHING dairy, no calcium supplement, no non-dairy, no fresh, leafy veggies. Cooked veggies (certain kinds), red meat, chicken (NO FISH!),eggs. I ate a baked potato tonight with only salt and pepper. I was really good. Very good flavor. To be honest, I've never had a plain potato before (I don't think).

I asked today about the vial with my right hand to my forehead while I touch the pads of the thumb and ring finger of the left hand while the little beater machine is moved up and down the spine in a pattern. This is to clear emotional allergies which we all know about. That's like when someone throws up after eating a food and ever after has a negative reaction each time. This could be a child is eating green beans at the dinner table when an argument ensues about something the child did (TROUBLE) or another traumatic experience.The brain records this experience and thereafter may relate the negative emotion to the food.

I also asked about food craving. For example my weakness used to be pasta and bread. Well, I discovered after years the reason for this is because my body wasn't assimilating one or all of the ingredients in gluten. Could be the wheat/grain protein, B vitamins or something else. At any rate my body craved what it was not getting in order to be healthy. Still not getting it!!! HA HA HA! I showed my brain, didn't I???
Craving sugar or salt, which is my personal favorite is the same principal. My body is not able to use salt efficiently so I crave more as my body attempts to try and make up the deficiency. Kind of like what we tell pregnant women, "You will crave what your body needs." I find this is true of everyone. The salt treatment is down the road. Meanwhile, I want to eat BAGS full of Lays original potato chips. I don't buy them because I eat them all gone.

A commentary on the avoidance issue. I think maybe this might be more of a problem for someone who has not had to avoid specific foods as a way of life. I'm beyond feeling deprived, so I don't think much along those lines.

I will say thinking ahead is a challenge. Next week just in case I will plan meals without calcium too until I know I'm cleaned for that.If I clear for that I will need to avoid Vitamin C for 25 hours. So, I'll have both the calcium AND Vitamin C out of the way. I can adjust when I get home. But, at least I won't be trapped and not able to eat anything until I'm bailed out.

I'm realizing thinking ahead is vital for success as is a positive attitude. Sheesh, it's only 25 hours, not a life time. But our minds do a number on us and make us feel abused and denied. POOR ME!

Oh, and before I sign off tonight---I met Kelly's husband who verified what I've learned of her story. She did not have the biopsy to get the official Celiac diagnosis because she knew what it was, her Dr told her she was most likely correct in her self-diagnosis. Kelly went radically gluten free and began to feel better. Her symptoms actually seem to have been far more intense and immediate than mine. My illness build over a period of years of developed migraines, gastrointestinal disorders, brain fog, depression, severe canker sores that by my diagnosis caused my mouth to be just one solid blister. HA! Try eating potato chips like this.
Kelly's husband told me if she had a crumb of gluten (not just wheat) she'd get a migraine and be in bed for a day.

My reaction to gluten isn't as debilitating. I just get a severe gut ache with all the gastro-distress issues (Think food poisoning) and bloating so that I look like I've "caught" pregnancy from one of our clients.

Kelly's husband told me she had her own peanut butter jar, toaster, butter crock, pot for cooking gluten free pasta. When I mentioned the grocery bill he rolled his eyes and expressed an profound understanding of what it's like to support our local Clark's Nutrition Stores. $50 and you're out the door with a small bag of items.

I think now that I know that Kelly just opted to not have the biopsy I am more confident about her successful treatment. At the time I was diagnosed I thought about doing the same thing-just skip the biopsy and go for it. In fact that month between the initial suspicion and the biopsy diagnosis was hell. I was sick, my mouth hurt continually and I needed to continue to consume gluten for an accurate biopsy. I remember being up half the night because I was too sick to sleep on the Internet researching and talking to other gluten free folks on forums. Everyone said don't jeopardize the test results. So for that month I was in a nether-land I wouldn't wish on anyone.

I've had a total of 3 EDGs and each time lost days in the preparation and then the procedure. None of which was fun. I respect that Kelly had the sense to nix the biopsy and just do what she needed to do. I think I was hoping the biopsy for me would be negative. That would have resulted in a whole new set of problems.

Anyway...seasonal allergies are terrible. My eyes are irritated and my sinuses are congested. Usually, when I'm like this in the Spring and the Fall I don't sleep well. Last night I slept just find thank you very much, and I'm thinking tonight will be the same. And, OH! NO Restless Legs for several nights now. Woo-Hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment