Friday, February 19, 2010

Well-Here goes...

Yesterday I had my first Nambudripad's Allergy Elimination Treatment (NAET) which was about an hour and a half in length. To begin we reviewed my health history and Pamala Schwarz, the practitioner (www.schwarzwc.com) explained the reason for treatment, the hoped for results (No guarantee), the order of treatments, what to expect and the cost.

Next came the actual test for substances to which my body is sensitive/allergic. Besides gluten which is my big health issue, Almonds and cashews are the biggest offenders. NUTS and SEEDs cause me the most trouble. I love almonds and eat lots of them almost every day. Lately, I began to realize when I ate almonds I didn't feel well. I'd go days without eating them and the symptoms (primarily gastro-distress) would disappear. As soon as I'd eat a handful I was back in the bathroom.
Since I've been gluten free for three years I'd expected this to clear up and have wondered why I still had issues. To make it clear to those who wonder--I have strictly adhered to a gluten free diet. Any gluten I've consumed since being diagnosed has been by accident. I have never intentionally consumed gluten.

Anyway-back to the session. We reviewed the results of the computer scan. Peaches is also a problem, but not as much.

My treatment plan is called the basic 15. The first is to balance the body to enable me to be more receptive to the treatments. Then there are 14 more in categories. For example all egg/chicken products is the next treatment. All nuts/seeds are one. Grains are another. "B" vitamins another, etc.
I'm not going to go into the list at this time, but will address each as the treatments continue.

As I said, the first was simply to balance the body and open the energy flow. I'm going to stop here and say that I know some of this sounds a little far-fetched. Maybe just plain weird. But, the fact is we know that everything in the created universe has it's own energy vibration. I'm going to pause the treatment explanation here and address the fact that this is kind of weird because it is not what I'm used to thinking of as treatment. I've been raised in a culture where we take medicine for something.

Many people think because eastern medicine has discovered the benefits of alternative treatments as opposed to western medicine ("Here, take this pill.") that there's something wrong or New agey about it and therefore should be avoided. If we choose to follow along this path we will have to avoid many things in the world that were discovered or created by non-Christians. I don't know that Andrew Lloyd Weber is a Christian, but no one can deny his God-given gift to create beautiful music. We recognize regardless of who created or discovered something it's still ALL from God. The only exception would be something that is obviously Satanic or evil.

The First Treatment: Muscle testing
I lay on my back on a table. With my right arm and hand at rest I was asked to raise my left arm towards the ceiling. Pamala tried to pull my arm down, but with some effort I was able to resist and keep my arm raised.

Next I was given a glass vial with the substance (I'm not sure what was in the vial, and I was too preoccupied to ask. I will do so next time and fill in this detail.). While I held the vial in my right hand I was to again raise my left arm toward the ceiling and Pamala exerted force to lower my arm. This time I could not resist and with some pain in especially my forearm, she was able to pull my arm down with no problem. WEIRD!

The next step involved me holding the vial while she used a machine somewhat like a hand mixed except the "beaters" are short, arm like things that move in and out. This was moved up and down my back (I turned over) for several minutes while I breathed as I was instructed--slow, fast, pant, normal. Then again I raised my left arm and there was NO WAY she could pull it down. And, I was still holding the vial. This is significant in that it indicates the energy in the body is flowing well (think electrical circuit) and the substance is not creating a weakening in the muscle.

After she performed acupressure on 10 points on my body in a clock-wise order. None of this was invasive or uncomfortable except for the slight shooting pain in my arm when she tried to pull my arm down the first time.

The patients then rests in the office for 20 minutes. I left feeling less congested (sinus) than when I got there. About an hour later I began to feel very sleepy. Not drugged--just like I needed to go to sleep. I did so earlier than usual and slept very soundly. Unusual for me.

My next appointment is in a couple of weeks in March. This treatment is for eggs/chicken/tetracycline. This will involve avoided the substance(s) for which I am treated to allow the body to reset how it responds to the substance to that it is neutral to something that may create a danger signal (like gluten does in me now).

I wish I could go straight to the gluten treatment, but it is important to build a foundation for strength and receptivity for that which I have the most trouble. Patience is not my forte.

No comments:

Post a Comment